Fisheries Management Services
Florida is known for world class fishing. But many lakes need help to sustain healthy fish populations. Outside pressures including un-natural competition, and lack of habitat hinder populations.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission states that, “Recreational fishing provides an $8.7 billion benefit to the state’s economy… national survey ranks Florida #1 with 3.1 million anglers” in 2014, it is clear that our fisheries are an asset worth investing in.
When establishing a management plan, we use a holistic ecological approach to your fishery that takes into account all factors that will affect your fish; from lake size, to water quality, to predator/prey interactions. Knowing what is going on with your fishery is the first step towards improving it.
The benefits of managing your lakes health for fish include:
- Increased populations of larger trophy fish or a balanced fishery with diverse range of sizes
- Reductions in exotic fish species through removal and competition for habitat from other fish and wildlife
- Improved minnow and sunfish populations that help reduce mosquito and midge fly larvae
- Healthy lakes add value to surrounding real estate
- More ways for residents to enjoy the lake or pond
Assess Current Conditions for Fish
Fishery Lake Assessment
Improve Your Lake's Fishery
Lake Management for Fish
Fish Habitat Enhancement
Fish Feeding Program
Establish a healthy fishery and aquatic ecosystem.
Contact us Today!
- Service Overview
- Water Testing & Mapping
- Wetlands & Preserves
- Midge Fly Control
- Fishery Management
- Compliance & Permitting